I am still eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch from their movie promotion. I’ve had to debox a bunch of them to redeem for tickets and I should be through with the cereal sometime in the fall. I no longer see this promo in stores so here are some others:
* Fandango has a buy one get one FREE ticket promotion if you use a Visa Signature card and purchase a Friday movie ticket. “+1 Movie Fridays” is good until August 2nd but you are limited to one FREE ticket a month so start early.
* Disney Movie Rewards periodically offers $10 in Hollywood Movie Money (good at most theaters) for 425 points. You just have to catch it in stock – limit four redemptions per household and use it on a Disney movie.
* Best Buy has a display of $9.99 Blu-Rays with $8 in Fandango cash to see Fast & Furious 6. Titles includes the Fast & Furious series (Fast & Furious 5 is more than $9.99), the Bounre series, Pitch Black, Doom, Chronicles of Riddick, Scarface, King Kong, and Smokey and the Bandit.
* Best Buy also has a display of kids movies with up to $8 to see Epic. Titles include the Ice Age series, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and a Night at the Museum. Unfortunately they are not $9.99 but $11.99-$13.99. Maybe Best Buy will run a sale the week before premiere.
* FREE tickets to Monsters University are available by entering your code from the blu-ray packs of Monsters, Inc or Finding Nemo.
* Starting next week (which is odd because it opens this week), Best Buy will run a promotion where if you pre-order the blu-ray of Star Trek: Into Darkness, they will give you $8 to go see it now.